- Posted by Array Design Studio
- On March 27, 2017
- 0 Comments
- Array Design Studio
Recently, Array Design Studios had the opportunity to be spotlighted in the Northeast Ohio Boomer and Beyond Magazine“Ways to Enhance Your Living Space.”
Northeast Ohio Boomer and Beyond Magazine is a great resource that fills the need in the marketplace for objective, local and positive content focused on the needs and wants of those 55 and older in northeast Ohio. The magazine’s tagline, “Your Journey – Your Life,” reflects the unique path we all take and empowers us to make the most of life based on individual choice and is very in line with my own beliefs.
The article addresses simple tips for creating an environment of well being for comfort, safety and resale value. When our home environment begins creating minor glitches we need to start asking ourselves, “What can I do to make my environment more livable and adaptable to some of my physical challenges that are starting to creep up?”
Simple Tips for Creating Well Being
Actually, making our homes a positive place to age and thrive in the second half of life can be done relatively quickly, easily and inexpensively:
- Rearrange your furniture so there is more room if you have a cane or walker
- Install a comfort-height toilet seat
- Purge clutter for safer maneuvering
- Remove heavy, dark drapes and enjoy the view of the vista and sunshine
- Change levers on your doors to pulls, which are easier on your hands
- Refresh your walls with new paint colors that you love and inspire you
- Knock down that wall that is separating your dining room from your living room and expand into the wonderful openness
Simple adjustments can add value to your property—and to your psyche.
These, and other tips, can offer solutions as you or your loved ones face physical challenges. Need help addressing these issues? Click here to schedule a free consultation with Laura Mineff at Array Design Studios.
For additional tips, and to read a copy of the complete article as it appeared in Northeast Ohio Boomer and Beyond, click here. [PDF]